Monday, September 18, 2017

SPARTAN Superway Week 3

This week, we began with an introduction to the presentation that we will be giving next week. We then met with the Summer controls team to address any questions we had and get feedback from them. I then learned about the positioning system of the 1/12th scale bogie and I devised a method to make it more efficient. Currently, the bogie uses three separate forms of positioning itself. However, I believe that we could narrow that down to just one, the RFID sensor and chips.

From this point, it became my action item to research the RFID system that is in place and figure out how we could scale it up and replace the hall effect sensors and the encoder. Thus far, I have figured out how to wire the sensor and get some code in place to recognize that there is a passive chip near the sensor. However, I ran into some problems reading the information from the chip, so I have reached out for help from the Summer controls team. I will have a functional code and a flowchart by the next meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment